Duffy Engineering & Associates, Inc. is a Structural, Engineering Design Firm located in St. Cloud, Minnesota, and primarily serves the central part of the state.
Our mission is to provide a single source solution while promoting all projects in the most cost effective and timely manner possible
As a full service, multi-disciplined consulting firm, Duffy Engineering builds lasting relationships with our clients by providing quality solutions and excellent service. Generally, our clients fit into one of these categories; Consulting, Developing, State and Local Governments, Cities or Towns. Including, developers, contractors, architects and homeowners.
JOHN HOLT, PE
Brigham Young University
Master of Science Civil Engineering, 1996
Utah Valley University
Bachelor of Science
John Holt is Principal Engineer in Duffy Engineering & Associates Structural Engineering Group. He is a multi-versed engineer working on industrial, manufacturing, commercial, and residential projects.
With more than a decade of experience, John has extensive and efficient engineering skills that have achieved corporate goals and objectives involving:
- Heavy steel structural engineering
- Industrial material handling systems & support
- Commercial and residential pre-cast concrete design
- Efficiency improvement
- Quality assurance & quality control
- Field engineering and problem solving
- Finite Element Analysis (FEA) software (RISA STAAD Pro, Ram Elements, & Solid works Simulation)
- Project management and control
- Forensic Engineering investigations and Inspections
- Served as expert witness for damage assessment and insurance claims
John is a licensed professional engineer with wide ranging experience in the structural engineering and design of residential, commercial, and industrial projects of varying size and complexity while managing critical time and budget constraints.
Mrs. Yujing M, PE, EIT
M.Eng. Civil Eng (Structural emphasis)
University of Windsor
B.Eng. Civil Eng (Structural emphasis)
Structural engineering experience in the design and review of steel, concrete, and wood framed structures in a variety of project types, including commercial and residential buildings, heavy industrial facilities, retaining structures, equipment foundations, etc.
- Extensive structural engineering design experience.
- Having a working knowledge of the following codes and standards: IBC, ASCE, ACI, UBC, AISC.
- Working knowledge of RISA, STAAD, MathCAD and Microsoft office.
- Being familiar with the use of AutoCAD and AutoCAD 3D.
- Preparation of construction specifications and design calculation packages.
- Registered Professional Engineer.
MRS. MA is a registered professional engineer with years of experience working on Structural Engineering projects for different sized companies and corporations in the Twin Cities area of Minneapolis’s Paul. MN. She has extensive skills, training and experience as a Structural Engineer and an Engineering Group lead. Her work has included being responsible for the design of a modular TIAC Turbine Inlet Air Cooling) System, CHP (Chiller Plant) and a District Cooling System.
TIMOTHY MURPHY PE, MSCE, M. ASCE
SENIOR STRUCTURAL ENGINEER/ CIVIL ENGINEER / PROJECT MANAGER
Master of Science Degree (MS)
Kansas State University
Bachelor of Science Degree
Civil Engineering (BS)
University of North Dakota
Grand Forks, ND
Bachelor of Science Degree (BS)
Arizona State University
Timothy Murphy offers engineering experience that spans multiple decades and includes building trade, engineering, and management on a wide range of projects as well as a formal education that enables me to maintain and enhance professional skills necessary to achieve high quality, cost effective, and, when appropriate, creative solutions and results. His work experience includes restoration and retrofit projects which demanded innovative solutions.
- Structural Design/Engineering
- Civil Design (concrete pavements and sitework)
- Project Engineering
- Project Development
- Industrial Flat Roof Systems
- RISA 3-D Structural Software
- Construction Management
- Inspection and Construction Observation
- Restoration and Retrofit Work
Timothy Murphy is a licensed professional engineer who has decades of wide-ranging industry experience. His passion is providing innovative, effective quality solutions that translate into successful projects. He is an Innovative problem solver who provides Structural Engineering and Construction Management services that result in superior outcome(s) which meet or exceed the expectations of his customers.